The Restoration of Rangers Graves Project.
Today we’re delighted to announce that the Restoration of Rangers Graves Project has taken another step forward with the re-erecting of James Watson’s stone at Cathcart Cemetery.
The cleaning and re-lettering of the stone will be done over the coming weeks.
Vice President 1889-1890
James was also involved in various Rangers committees.
Match records show that James Watson started playing with Rangers in 1874 but he was likely involved with the Club before then.
He was a member of the legendary 1877 team that got so close to winning the Scottish Cup.
James Watson is one of many players from the early days of the Club who took up various committee roles when their playing days were over.
James became President of Rangers in 1890.
He went on to become a teacher at both Calder Street and Hillhead High School in Glasgow.
James ended his days in East Kilbride in the Maxwellton area in a house called Kia Ora and passed on 25th May 1915.
James Watson was a huge figure during the growth of our Club.
He once again stands tall.